The first ever Australian Erotic Short Film Festival will be held on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 at the Hordern Pavilion, inside the Sydney Sexpo venue. This black-tie gala event is a fundraiser for the Australian Sex Party, and will be the will kickoff event for this year’s Sydney Sexpo, which opens the following day.
The night will entail fine food, wine, cocktails, celebrities and live performances. The highlights of the event will include:
- screening of the six finalists for the Australian Erotic Short Film Festival
- a retrospective of the Australian adult film industry
- excerpts of the first erotic film ever made
- Australian stars including Miss Suzie Q, Russell Gilbert & Pricasso
- Actress and porn star Sasha Grey, who plays the lead role in Steven Soderbergh’s latest film The Girlfriend Experience
There are only 150 seats available for this event. Don’t miss out because tickets are selling fast! Tickets are $200 each, and are available from the Australian Sex Party website.
It was a great night. Highlights (apart from the films) were Suzie Q‘s spectacular trapeze performance, and Australian porn star Monica Mayhem, who spoke intelligently on “Freedom of Speech and Censorship within Australia”.
Residents of the Sydney suburbs of Chatswood, Killara, St Ives and Wahroonga are reminded to vote for Australian Sex Party candidate Zahra Stardust (pictured below) in the Bradfield By-Election on December 5th, 2009.
Photos of the event are now up…
Photos kindly provided by the Australian Sex Party.